September 21, 2010

thesis plan Slow Urbanism Riga

To communicate easily with people interested in my thesis I decided to place my thesis plan online. It's available in both English and Dutch.



Thesis plan: Slow Urbanism Riga

Afstudeerplan: Slow Stedenbouw Riga



So now I am starting my project. First I go back to Riga this weekend. Again with Ryan Air only now via the airport Charleroi which is ironic called Brussels-South. I will spend 4 days in Riga. Besides inventarising the site and city I asked to meet Janis Dripe and Manten Devriendt to interview them. Janis Dripe is the city architect of Riga and can help me understand the situation better from the perspective of the municiplaity. Manten Devriendt is a Flemish architect and urban designer who is living in Riga and is running the office Sampling Architects. I would like to interview him on what (missed) oppurtunities he sees in Riga and just get to know more context.


Back to website Buro Breidablik

No comments:

Post a Comment