January 16, 2011

Results competition Lammermarktgebied Leiden

Sadly my entry was no winner, anyway I liked doing it. It's fun to be under pressure and design in a short time making the design a bit raw and pure but that's ok. A competition always generates a lot of ideas and energy when you make it. To finish it off I made a short explaining film of my design Bastion 2.0 hope you like it!


The winners of the competition were Edwin Santhagens (of buro Santenco) and Alex Letteboer (of atelier PRO) both from The Hague. Their design 'Outstanding Point' (Puntgaaf) won by, also like Bastion 2.0 , restoring the old bastion and rerouting traffic around it creating an pedestrian square with the museummill de Valk as landmark.



'Outstanding Point' ('Puntgaaf') by Santenco and Atelier PRO


'Outstanding Point' ('Puntgaaf') by Santenco and Atelier PRO

'Outstanding Point' ('Puntgaaf') by Santenco and Atelier PRO

All 44 entries will be bundled into a inspiration book for the municipality. They are starting this year with a official proces for a planning document on this area. The jury rapport of the competition will be available on the site of RAP.


1 comment:

  1. The jury judged my project with the following comments:
    - The plan gives interesting new living environments.
    - The design is historically not wright and to brutal with to less result.
    - The plan is not clear about the solution for the traffic circulation.

    Probably the last one was deciding for the jury not to further with judging my plan. My plan is about an innercity with minimalised car traffic. The Bastion serves as a transferpoint from car to slow traffic like walking, biking or watertaxi.

    But I must say reading the jury comments on the other design proposals they were very strict about the historical shape. When a design tried to restore the bastion but didn't restore the pointy corner and kept the current round point they got a negative comment. My design was historically inspired but not trying to re-make history. Anyway. I first must finish my diplomaproject now, Slow Urbanism Riga, is becoming to slow even for me.

    ReplyDelete